RAVEN LAKE will released on Amazon on Wednesday June 1, and it’s available for pre-orders right now. I’ll start a seven-day blog tour on June 1, and on Sunday June 5, from 4-7 p.m. ET, I’ll celebrate with a Facebook party. Click here to reach the party site.
I sent out invites to the Facebook party today, and I’m worried that I may not have been clear that this will be a cyber party. A couple of people have replied asking me for directions to the venue. No, the June 5 party is an ONLINE party. We’ll gather on Facebook and kick up our heels there. They’ll be prizes and other authors to chat with. I remember what a blast my BLACK WATER Facebook party was three years ago. It gained a wonderful momentum, and my fingers were literally flying over the keys.
But I WILL have a bookstore launch. I’m thrilled that the party will take place at my favourite bookstore, Sleuth of Baker Street, in Toronto’s Leaside neighbourhood. It will be on Saturday June 25, from 2-4 p.m. Having a Sleuth book launch has been one of my dreams!
I was apprehensive about setting up the Facebook party site. But it proved to be surprisingly easy when I got down to it this morning, thanks to the coaching of friends Kristina Stanley and Melodie Campbell. Here’s what you do:
- Go to your Author page (which is why I set up an Author’s page in March) and click on Offer, Event+ under page banner, then click on Event.
- On the form that pops up, make sure the blue strip at the top says that the page you are creating is a public event.
- Add a photo to the banner box. I toyed around with creating a banner, but ended up using part of my RAVEN LAKE cover photo–just the figure in the kayak.
- Fill in all the boxes on the form: a short, clear name for the event; location (I should have put online here); the date and the hours; category (select books); and a short descripton.
- Hit Publish.
- Scroll down the party page you have created, and hit Invite Friends on the right side of the page.
- Post reminders in coming days. And on the morning of the party.